Given feedback from NCJW’s network, we canceled the planned online National Voting Meeting for Thursday, April 23 and Friday, April 24. Instead, we will vote on the 2020-2023 NCJW Board Directors, Bylaws, and Resolutions via an online ballot that will be available to complete by all eligible voters from Sunday, May 10 until Sunday, May 17 at midnight ET.
How will we vote?
Because we are using an online platform, we will vote by referendum, which is a vote taken by postal mail or electronic means. (NCJW Bylaws, Glossary page 23.) We have arranged a remote election through ElectionBuddy.com that will allow us to vote on NCJW’s incoming Board of Directors, Bylaws, and Resolutions via online ballot.
Who can vote?
Members of the Board of Directors of NCJW, Inc., Honorary presidents, Honorary vice-presidents, Honorary Directors, delegates of each section or their alternates, Member-at-Large delegates, State Policy Advocacy chairs, and the United Nations representatives each have one vote. (NCJW Bylaws, XI page 12.)
In addition, at a National Voting Meeting where Bylaws and Resolutions are adopted and the Board of Directors are elected, members of the National Nominating Committee, the chair of the NCJW, Inc. Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Committee and the chairs of the National Resolutions Committee each have one vote.
We have a limited number of voting slots for Members at Large (NCJW Advocates who are not already affiliated with a section). If you are interested, please complete this google form by Monday, May 4 at 11:59 pm ET.
How does a section know how many voting delegates they have?
Sections are allocated a certain number of voting delegates according to a formula based on their membership as of June 30, 2019. (NCJW Bylaws, XI.5, page 13.) Section presidents who submitted their membership numbers were notified of how many voting delegates they have in an email from Leah Singman. Contact Leah firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your number of voting delegates.
Sections can designate voting delegates via this google form through May 4 at 11:59 pm ET. If you have previously completed the form, there is no need to send it to us again.
How will we know how to vote?
Each voting delegate will receive a special voting link through ElectionBuddy. We will be in touch with all voting delegates with instructions for using NCJW’s online ballot in the days leading up to voting as well as to ensure credentials for accessing the system.
How long do we have to vote?
Each voting delegate has one week to access their ballot in order to vote for the 2020-2023 NCJW Inc. Board of Directors, Bylaws, and Resolutions. Each voting delegate will receive a link when voting is “live” on Sunday, May 10. Voting closes on Sunday, May 17 at midnight ET.
Can we save our ballot and come back to it?
Yes. We’ll provide instructions to voting delegates on how to save their progress.
What if I need technical assistance?
Please email email@example.com if you have technical issues. We will not be checking email or responding on Shabbat. On Sunday, May 17, we will be available for technical support until 10 pm ET. Ballots are due at 12pm ET.
How can we offer amendments to the proposed Bylaws and/or Resolutions slates?
Those who wish to submit amendments must complete this form by Monday, May 4. All amendments must have a second who is not a voting delegate from your section.
- Bylaws: Any voting delegate may offer as an amendment any change in the Bylaws submitted to but not recommended by the Bylaws Committee as well as any newly proposed Bylaw. Please click here for the changes submitted to the Bylaws Committee that were not accepted.
- Resolutions: Any voting delegate may offer as an amendment any change in the Resolutions submitted to but not recommended by the Resolutions Committee. Please click here for the changes submitted to the Resolutions Committee that were not accepted.
Who are the proposed NCJW board directors for 2020-2023?
Please click here for the proposed slate of NCJW board directors.
What is the proposed Bylaws slate for 2020-2023?
Please click here for the proposed Bylaws slate.
What is the proposed Resolutions slate for 2020-2023?
Please click here for the proposed Resolutions slate.
When will we know the election results?
We will share the new slates by Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
Whom should I contact if I have more questions?
Please email Samantha Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The same people are eligible to vote, and sections will receive the same number of delegates as determined based on their membership number as of June 30, 2019. Please contact your section president if you have questions about whether you are a section voting delegate.
- In addition to section delegates, the following each receive a vote: NCJW Inc. Board of Directors, State Policy Advocates, Honorary Presidents, Honorary Vice-Presidents, Honorary Directors, and the National Nominating Committee.
- We have a limited number of voting slots for Members at Large. If you are interested, please complete this google form by Monday, May 4 at midnight.
- Voting delegates who wish to offer amendments must complete this Bylaws or Resolutions Amendments form by Monday, May 4. All amendments must have a second who is a voting delegate not from your section. Per NCJW’s Bylaws, only previously submitted Resolutions changes can be offered as amendments. Voting delegates may also submit previously rejected Bylaws changes as well as new Bylaws as amendments.
- We will be in touch with all voting delegates with instructions for using NCJW’s online voting platform in the days leading up to voting as well as credentials for accessing the platform.
- We will share the new slates by Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
Additional business meeting information below:
- Resolutions for Business Session_with tracked changes_May 2 2020
- Proposed 2020-2023 NCJW Resolutions (Word version, marked up)
- Rejected Resolutions
Recording of Resolutions Hearing – March 12, 2020
- Rejected Bylaws Submissions
- Proposed 2020-2023 NCJW Bylaws
- 2020-2023 Bylaws Submission to Delegate Body
Recordings of Bylaws Hearing – March 25, 2020