NCJW is an equal opportunity employer.
NCJW is accepting applications for the following positions:
The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) seeks a membership and communications intern to assist with NCJW’s messaging and online presence. Candidates should have a sense of effective social media tactics as well as strong writing skills. Interest in women’s issues a plus. Please note that this internship is unpaid.
Intern Will Assist With:
- Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest projects
- Information and photo research projects as assigned
- Entries on organization’s electronic communications
- Outreach to NCJW communities
- Interest in new media, communications, or journalism
- Excellent written communication skills
- MS Office computer skills, including Outlook
- Strong Internet research skills
- Familiarity with online communications (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, HTML, etc.)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Willingness to pitch in where needed
- Interest in non-profit and philanthropy
- Proven ability to meet stated deadlines as well as to work under supervision and independently
What You Will Gain:
- Opportunity to develop quality writing samples
- A personal meeting with NCJW CEO
- An important role in significant, long-term projects (social media, print publications, Israel program)
- A network of professional contacts for the future
- Exposure to multiple facets of a nonprofit organization
- A supportive, creative environment
Our office is located in the Interchurch Center (475 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10115). Hours and schedule are flexible.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this internship opportunity, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Yvette Berland firstname.lastname@example.org. NCJW is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications considered on a rolling basis.