NCJW is an equal opportunity employer.
NCJW is accepting applications for the following positions:
The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) seeks a membership and communications intern to assist with NCJW’s messaging and online presence. Candidates should have a sense of effective social media tactics as well as strong writing skills. Interest in women’s issues a plus. Please note that this internship is unpaid.
Intern Will Assist With:
- Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest projects
- Information and photo research projects as assigned
- Entries on organization’s electronic communications
- Outreach to NCJW communities
- Interest in new media, communications, or journalism
- Excellent written communication skills
- MS Office computer skills, including Outlook
- Strong Internet research skills
- Familiarity with online communications (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, HTML, etc.)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Willingness to pitch in where needed
- Interest in non-profit and philanthropy
- Proven ability to meet stated deadlines as well as to work under supervision and independently
What You Will Gain:
- Opportunity to develop quality writing samples
- A personal meeting with NCJW CEO
- An important role in significant, long-term projects (social media, print publications, Israel program)
- A network of professional contacts for the future
- Exposure to multiple facets of a nonprofit organization
- A supportive, creative environment
Our office is located in the Interchurch Center (475 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10115). Hours and schedule are flexible.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for this internship opportunity, please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. NCJW is an equal opportunity employer. Applications considered on a rolling basis.
For over a century, the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) has been at the forefront of social change, championing the needs of women, children, and families, while courageously taking a progressive stance on such issues as child welfare, women’s rights, and reproductive freedom. NCJW’s Washington Office offers volunteer, educational legislative internships to college juniors and seniors, and volunteer educational legislative fellowships to graduate students during the academic year and over the summer. This is a great opportunity to learn first-hand about advocacy, grassroots organizing, and all aspects of the legislative process.
Opportunities & Responsibilities:
- Learn about public policy by assisting staff and attending legislative hearings, briefings, national coalition meetings, rallies, and press conferences
- Work closely with staff and lay leadership (volunteers) to learn about and help implement legislative strategy and grassroots mobilization
- Work with staff on specified issues, including reproductive rights and justice, children’s issues, health care, economic justice, civil rights, religious liberty, and federal court issues
- Learn about the internal workings of a National, chapter based, grass-roots organization
Qualifications: Strong writing and communication skills, ability to learn quickly, and a commitment to social justice issues. No previous professional experience necessary, just a willingness to learn and get involved. Background in legislative process preferred.
Hours: Flexible, Full- or Part-time (minimum 2 days per week during school year, 4 days per week in the summer)
To apply: Please email or fax cover letter that includes your availability for the internship, as well as a resume, short writing sample (3-5 pages max), and 2-3 references.
Full year internships as well as seasonal or semester-based internships are available. Applications considered on a rolling basis.
Contact: Amy Cotton, NCJW Senior Policy Manager; phone: 202 296 2588; fax: 202 331 7792; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NCJW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to build a diverse staff. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.