Happy Birthday, Health Care Law!
Celebrate the Health Care Law with Action:
Add Your Picture to Our Photo Petition
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), a groundbreaking law that already has changed our nation’s health care system for the better. Unfortunately, there are those in Congress and around the country who are attempting to take away the protections included in the health care law.
Don’t let anyone take away your health care! NCJW members and supporters are creating a photo petition to show lawmakers and the public why we support the health care law — won’t you join us? Add your unique message and picture using our tips below!
Photo Petition Instructions
- Print one of the following Petition Sign Templates: THANKS TO THE HEALTH CARE LAW… or I SUPPORT THE HEALTH CARE LAW BECAUSE…
- Using a thick marker, add one reason why you support the health care law. Below are a few ideas to get you started, but feel free to be creative!
- Take a picture of yourself holding your petition sign, as in the example. Don’t forget to smile!
- Email you photo petition image to NCJWAction@gmail.com. (By sending us your photo petition, you grant permission for NCJW to add your photo to the petition album on Facebook, and use the image for advocacy, promotional, or archival purposes.)
Want to go further? For more information on how you or your section can support the health care law, contact Lindsay Morris, NCJW Grassroots Administrator, at email@example.com.
|View, comment, like, and share petition photos via NCJW’s Facebook page!|
Attacks on the ACA – What’s at Stake
Attempts to roll back progress in health care reform — whether in Congress, at the US Supreme Court, or in state houses across the nation — would take away protections that women and their families already have, or are about to gain, including:
- Rules prohibiting insurers from denying coverage to people, including children, with pre-existing conditions.
- Tax credits that are helping small businesses provide coverage to their employees.
- Rules prohibiting insurers from canceling coverage when people get sick.
- Rules prohibiting insurers from dropping young adults from their parents’ coverage.
- Rules prohibiting insurers from imposing annual or lifetime caps on coverage.
- Improved prescription drug coverage and preventive benefits for seniors and people with disabilities who rely on Medicare.
- Improved access to preventive care, including contraceptives and domestic violence screening, for women with no additional out-of-pocket costs.
Here are some ideas to get you started in generating your own brief petition message. Feel free to be creative – the more you make it yours, the better!
Template 1: THANKS TO THE HEALTH CARE LAW…
Template 2: I SUPPORT THE HEALTH CARE LAW BECAUSE…